1. Take a walk along the Geraldton Beach: This popular beach is located just a short drive from Burswood and is a great place to relax and enjoy the views. It’s a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and picnicking, and there are a number of cafes and restaurants in the area.
2. Go on a fishing trip: Geraldton is a popular destination for fishing, with a variety of fish species found in the local waterways. There are a number of fishing charters and tour operators in the area that offer guided fishing trips.
3. Visit the Western Australian Museum – Geraldton: This popular museum is located in the heart of the city and is home to a range of exhibits showcasing the state’s natural and cultural history. It’s a great place to learn more about the local area and its history.
4. Go on a birdwatching tour: Geraldton is home to a number of wetlands and birdwatching is a popular activity in the area. There are a number of companies that offer guided birdwatching tours, which take you to the best spots for birdwatching.
5. Take a scenic drive through the region: The area around Geraldton is home to a number of scenic drives that take you through the region’s rolling hills, forests, and wetlands. These drives are a great way to see the natural beauty of the region and stop at some of the best attractions.
6. Go snorkeling or scuba diving: Geraldton is known for its clear waters and is a popular destination for snorkeling and scuba diving. There are a number of companies in the area that offer lessons and equipment rentals for these activities.
7. Visit the Geraldton Port: This popular port is located just a short drive from Burswood and is home to a number of attractions, including a marina, restaurants, and a number of shops. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the views.
8. Check out the Geraldton Skate Park: This popular skate park is located just a short drive from Burswood and is a great place to watch skateboarders and BMX riders in action. It’s also a popular spot for skateboarding and BMX riding.
9. Go on a bushwalking tour: The area around Geraldton is home to a number of bushwalking trails, offering the chance to see a variety of native flora and fauna. There are a number of companies that offer guided bushwalking tours, which take you to the best spots for bushwalking.
10. Visit the Geraldton Farmers Market: This popular market is held on the first and third Sunday of each month and features a range of stalls selling fresh produce, local crafts, and other items. It’s a great place to find unique souvenirs and support local artisans.